The artisans of Maison Caran d’Ache rose to the technical challenge of transposing the complex construction of a dial onto a cylindrical shape. Overall, 72 components are layered and assembled with millimetric precision inside the transparent cage on this limited edition with a timeless design.
All transactions are are executed securely
Free shipping for orders over € 99. Free Express shipping for orders over € 400.
Return within 14 days (in original packaging and unused condition)
Since it was founded in 1915, Caran d’Ache has passionately designed and created writing instruments combining elegance, audacity and innovation. In its Geneva workshops, it creates exceptional 100% Swiss Made pieces that reflect the know‐how of its master‐artisans. The 1010 collection from Caran d’Ache celebrates the encounter between Haute Ecriture and luxury watchmaking. Two art forms inextricably linked with Swiss heritage, embodying ingenuity and technical virtuosity. After two years of research and development with Swiss watch design experts, the 1010 Timekeeper limited edition marks the second chapter in this collection, ten years after the 1010 Chrono limited edition. A homage to watch dials that faithfully accompany the march of time through the ages. An Haute Ecriture journey that instantly plunges you into the graphic world of luxury watchmaking.
The artisans of Maison Caran d’Ache rose to the technical challenge of transposing the complex construction of a dial onto a cylindrical shape. Overall, 72 components are layered and assembled with millimetric precision inside the transparent cage on this limited edition with a timeless design. Steel hands – tinted blue by thermal treatment – appear to turn on their axis. The end of one of these hands is red – a subtle reminder of the emblematic colour of Caran d’Ache. Roman numerals indicate the passage of the hours and a window inspired by the moon phase opening on exceptional timepieces reveals the ink of the piston pump. The clip on these writing instruments, available as fountain pens and roller pens, recalls the design of the Dauphine hands.
The 1010 Timekeeper limited edition displays its technical dimension on the silver‐ and rhodium‐plated body of the 500 carefully crafted pieces. Several elements of the exclusive know‐how of the Maison Caran d’Ache’s master‐artisans are brought together to create this unique writing instrument: guillochage, engraving, manual polishing, lacquering and PVD treatment. A semi‐transparent sheath in lightweight and resistant polished synthetic glass surrounds the body of the writing instrument, lending it a brilliant appearance. The 18‐carat‐gold, rhodium‐plated fountain pen nib is delicately engraved with the 1010 hands. A black lacquered box, similar to that of a watch case, protects the 1010 Timekeeper limited edition against the ravages of time. Inside, the timeless writing instrument is presented with two silver‐ and rhodium‐plated caps engraved with a generic numbering “1 in 500 pieces” to be changed according to the user’s desire. They are reminiscent of a watch strap, one with a chain‐link effect drum pattern, the other echoing the codes of watch crowns. Within the box, an inkwell has been specially designed for this limited edition.
- Two years of research and development with Swiss watch design experts
- The artisans rose to the technical challenge of transposing the complex construction of a dial onto a cylindrical shape. All components are layered and assembled with millimetric precision inside the transparent cage
- More than 100 operations are required to craft each model in the Geneva workshops of the Manufacture
- Milling, satin‐brushing, polishing, diamond grinding, guillochage, gemsetting…, resulting in a unique creation combining expertise, artisanal skills and artistic crafts
- Available in fountain‐pen and roller‐pen
- 500 pieces of each are available
- Both caps are engraved with a generic numbering “1 in 500 pieces”
- Ink‐feed o Fountain pen: delivered with a specific‐designed ink pump (converter) o Roller pen: delivered with a specific‐designed cartridge case Pen nib sizes: Medium; Fine & Broad are available on demand
- Nib The nib is made in 18‐carat gold and rhodium coated. It is built and polished by hand to provide exquisite softness and comfort in writing, and is available in Medium, Fine, or Broad sizes
- Piston pump (converter) Each part of the pen’s internal mechanism ‐ piston pump, ink‐feed system and nib ‐ all benefit from the technical mastery and skills of Caran d’Ache craftsmen.
- Ruby The piston pump (converter) is set with a ruby as in a winding crown.
- Ring Pattern comprising 120 graduations representing half‐seconds.
- Cap Each 1010 Timekeeper writing instrument comes with 2 silver‐ and rhodium‐plated caps
Clous de Paris guillochage A play on contrasts between the satin‐brushed finish of the chapter ring and the sparkling Clous de Paris hobnail pattern in the centre. The ring framing it features a ratcheted motif composed of 120 graduations representing half‐seconds.
Aperture inspired by moon phases Like a horological complication, a tiny dial aperture reveals the level of “Idyllic Blue” ink in the piston ink pump.
Brand signature Caran d’Ache Genève signs the dial with a dedicated cartouche. All components are layered and assembled with millimetric precision inside the transparent cage in lightweight and resistant polished synthetic glass